Knit the Dog

[...because if I ever run out of yarn--- I can just knit the dogs.]



Sunday, April 13, 2008

About that dog

Two dogs, actually; Jack, who is knittable, and Rosie, who has tons of hair but also has water dog genes, so she's a little on the greasy side. Maybe intended for fisherman's sweaters.
Note in the pic Jack's luxurious caramel fur. Note also that we have dog-colored rugs. You know how sheep leave tufts of wool on fences and thorns during the shedding season? Jack does that all over the house, and is generous enough to do it all year. Birds in our yard line their nests with it; I've seen them carrying off the fluffies after he's had a good brushing. So I could absolutely knit the dog, if I wanted a comfy sweater imbued with a strong whiff of Eau de Best Friend.

No comments: